Ideal Protein is a 4 phase weight loss program that aims to accomplish a number of objectives, including but not limited to reducing carb, sugar, and salt intake. There is also a full line of IP food products.
Learn more about the Ideal Protein diet in this video:
Your local Ideal Protein clinic will offer consultation, weigh-ins, coaching, and Ideal Protein products. The food pricing is fixed by the company so there should not be much or any variance between clinics.
- Cabbage(red, pak, Choi, bok choy)
- Bell Peppers
- Hot Peppers
- Swiss chard
- Bean and Alfalfa Sprouts
- Pickles(2 cups)
Vegetables Allowed Occasionally ( 2 items per week)
Vegetables that are Not Permitted
Meat Permitted on the Diet
- Beef: X-Lean hamburger, Flank & Rump Steak, Roast, Sirloin, Tenderloin, Round
- Chicken: Boneless, Turkey, Fowl, 2 whole eggs, wild bird
- Fish: Wild Salmon and Tuna 1x per week, Anchovy, Bass, Cod, Haddock, Pike, Perch, red Snapper, Sole, Tilapia, Trout, Walleye
- Seafood: Crab, Crawfish, Clams, Lobster, Mussels, Oysters, Shrimp, Scampi, Scallops (4 large)
- Pork: Fat-free cooked Ham, Tenderloin
- Other: Deer, Elk, Bison, Ostrich, Rabbit, Liver, Kidney, Ostrich, Tofu(plain)
Ketchup (blue menu label at Superstore) has 1 carb compared to Heinz with 5 Dijon Mustard, Hot Mustard, Hot Sauce, Soy sauce and Tamari sauce(check for 0 carbs in both), Worcestershire sauce, Chopped Basil and Cilantro in the tube, Splenda, Stevia, White Vinegar, Apple Cider vinegar, Lemon, Lemon grass, Lime, Minced garlic, Ginger, Fine herbs, Favourite Spices(No MSG & NoCARBS) Tomato paste, Real Sea Salt, Smoked Paprika (smells like bacon when it’s cooking) Some Epicure products are IP friendly! The Keg spices and Mrs. Dash are also IP friendly.
Foods Forbidden in Phase 1 and 2 (Temporary)
When we tell you to avoid certain foods during Phase 1 and 2, it's for a good reason. It's the first and most important stage of your weight loss.
- No rice, or pasta, bread or carbs
- No fruit / dried fruit
- No dairy or cheese (including non-dairy creamers) but 1 ounce of skim milk a day is allowed
- No legumes like beans, lentils, garbanzos refried beans
- No bottled dressings, sauces, dips, syrups (unless they're 0 carbs, 0 sugar and 0 fat like Walden Farms)
- No sweets of any kind!! Includes gum and mints!
- No Rice Milk, Almond Milk or Soy Milk
- No alcohol, wine, beer, spirits
- No popcorn, nuts or seeds
- No soda or diet soda
- No fat free products
- No balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- No msg or aspartame. (Check ingredients of foods. You will be surprised where you find these products)
- Only 1 Restricted IP food per day (All bars, oatmeal, pancakes, soy nuts, soy crisps, chili, cold cereal, Salt and Vinegar, BBQ, & Dill Pickle Ridges, Southwest Curls ) Spaghetti is permitted max. of 2 x’s week.
- NO CHEATING!